Basic Of Filtrations
Filtration is process to remove suspended solids from any fluid. The fluid passes through the filter media and the clear fluid called the filtrate. The solid that remains in the filter paper is called the residue. The purpose of the process is basically to remove solids from the fluid to make the material more useful. In some cases filtrate is important and in some case solids are important.
In a study the observation was made that all most any industries majority of component replacements or “loss of usefulness” is due to surface degradation. Particles generated as a result of abrasive wear are work hardened; thus they become harder than the parent surface. If these particles are not removed by proper filtration, they will recirculate and cause additional wear. This “chain reaction of wear” will continue and result in premature system component failure unless high-performance filtration is applied to break the chain.
Thus, filters are used in almost all industries like
Diary, Food & Beverages
Pharma & Biotech
Paints & Inks
Aerospace, Defence & Marine
Oil & Gas
Dyes & Intermediates
Pulp & Paper
What advantage does a filter system actually provide?
- Reduction of operating costs
- Extension of service life of the Machines
- No clogging of pipe lines and fittings
- High quality surfaces on machined part
- Better maintenance of tolerances on part
- Lower reject quota
- Better health for operators, because clean coolant is less aggressive to skin.
- Less machine down times because they remain cleaner and required less cleaning
Basic Of Filtration e- Book